Ms. Keith's math class guidelines
Students will be graded in the following 3 categories
1) HOMEWORK - each assignment will be worth 3 points. If homework is submitted late, 1 pt. will be deducted each day. (This will account for 10% of a student’s grade)
2) MINOR ASSESSMENTS - class work, warm-ups, notebook checks, class activities, quizzes, exit tickets (this section will account for 40% of a student’s grade)
3) MAJOR ASSESSMENTS - tests and projects
(this section will account for 50% of a student’s grade)
Your binder must be with you everyday. You should have the following sections (IN THIS ORDER):
LATE WORK POLICY
Late homework will be accepted up to 5 days after the due date with a penalty of 0.5 pt. deduction each day.
Late work will be accepted up to 5 days after the due date with a penalty of a 10% point deduction per day. For example, if you submit a 20 point assignment 1 day late, you will only be able to earn 18 points (10% of 20 = 2 pts. deducted). After 2 days, you will only be able to earn 16 points, 3 days 14 points, 4 days, 12 points, and 5 days 10 points. After 5 days, no late work will be accepted and it will be recorded as a zero. If you have late work, place it in your period’s bin as soon as you enter the classroom.
I use the point system to calculate grades. The number of points will depend on the type of assignment. For example: daily homework is worth 2 points and bi-weekly warm ups 0.5 point per day. Grades can be calculated by dividing earned points by total possible points
GRADE = points earned / total points
Ex: If you earn 120 points for your work out of a total of 135 points
120/135 = .89 = 89% (B)
DANIELS GRADING SCALE
B: 80 – 89
C: 70 – 79
D: 60 – 69
F: 59 and below
7th GRADE RE-TEST POLICY
1. All students will have the opportunity to re-take UNIT TESTS one time, regardless of their original score. Students must complete a Parent Notification Form, Test Corrections, and a Cumulative Practice Sheet.
2. The Re-Test will be comprised of the 10 most commonly missed questions from the test.
3. The Re-Test grade will be recorded as the final grade even if it is lower than the original grade.